𝟴 𝗞𝗲𝘆𝘀 𝗧𝗼 𝗔𝗻 𝗢𝘂𝘁𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝗛𝗮𝗹𝗳 𝗢𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿
When I was meditating (guided meditation) during the early hours of this morning, the meditation guide said something remarkable, “The reality we create for ourselves first begins with a vision.” On the 14th of February 2017, PSG football club did beat Barcelona 4 goals to nil (4:0). This was the Barcelona team with Squarez, Neymar and World record best player for 4 times (as at, 2017… Currently, 7), Lionel Messi.
It was one of the rare things you’d expect to happen, but it happened. There was to be a second leg, but almost everyone called it off… “Barcelona is out of champions league” was what we kept echoing. 8th of March 2017, Barcelona played the second leg against PSG. Guess what was the score? Barcelona won PSG by 6 goals to 1 (6:1). With this, they crossed over to the next round of the champions’ league.
How awe-mazing and awe-inspiring! Like the first leg of that match, the first half of the year has gone. It’s either you did scale like PSG, or you performed poorly like Barcelona. However, the first leg doesn’t always influence how the second leg ends.
𝗜𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗳 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗱𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀:
• What are the things I did?
• Which ones brought me most the results I wanted?
• How can I increase my discipline, resilience, and consistency?
• How can I double or triple what I got in the first half?
𝟮. 𝗖𝘂𝘁 𝗗𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗘𝘅𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝘀
Take a closer look…
• What are the things that consumed most of your time but brought you no tangible results?
• Are they still worth holding on to?
If they’re not, it’s time to cut them off, and shift focus to the things that drive real results.
𝟯. 𝗗𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗥𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁
PSG beating Barcelona by 4 goals to nil in the first leg made them underrated Barcelona a lot. They had complete assurance they will move to the next round come what may. However, we saw where that lead them. Never assume that the second half will be easier because of the success of the first half. Treat it like the first wasn’t good enough. Give it your best shot.
𝗜𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗳 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗱𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 again and that makes it 8 Steps when you repeat the 4 Steps
• What are the things I did?
• Which ones brought me good results?
• Why did they bring results?
• Which ones brought me poor results?
• Why did they bring me poor results?
• What are the things I should have done that I didn’t do?
• Why didn’t I do them?
• How can I ensure I do them in this half?
𝟮. 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗚𝗼𝗮𝗹𝘀
• What goal(s) do I really want to achieve by the end of the year?
• What resources (coaches, mentors, courses, accountability, etc.) do I need to set me on track?
• What else do I need?
𝟯. 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗲 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗖𝗮𝗻 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀
Without envisioning and believing you can change things, the year will end with no difference. In a session I attended yesterday, Vusi Thembekwayo said:
”You have to want more for yourself.
You have to believe you can get more for yourself.
Just believe in yourself. The cost for believing in yourself is zero.”
I’m very sure that though we all doubted, Barcelona themselves believed in the possibility of turning things around.
Trending on Marriage Issues : He had to leave me because he was posted in another department
𝟰. 𝗘𝘅𝗲𝗰𝘂𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗔𝗴𝗴𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗹𝘆
This second half shouldn’t just be about learning. There’s a place for learning, but results come from “doing”.
– Get on the drawing board of your life.
– Make the plans you need to make as fast as you can.
– Join the dots.
– Do what has to be done.
𝟱. 𝗗𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗥𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁
John Wooden once said, “Failure isn’t fatal, but failure to change might be.” The fact that the first half was poor should drive you towards giving the second half your all.
– Work on your discipline
– Show up consistently
– Stay resilient
”The reality we create for ourselves first begins with a vision.”
Cheers to making the rest of this half of the year the best of it and click on t.me/iamsamboad1 to join our Telegram Channel were we post JOBS + TIPS
Written by Samuel Kwame Boadu